1. Can Greenway Biotech, Inc. Calcium Carbonate be used to make Chalk Paint?
Yes, this is very fine powder and it is perfect for DIY Chalk Paint.
2. Is Greenway Biotech, Inc. Calcium Carbonate for human consumption?
No, this is not Food Grade and cannot be consumed orally.
3. Does Greenway Biotech, Inc. Calcium Carbonate change the color of the paint when used to make Chalk Paint?
No, it doesn't change the original color of the paint.
4. Can Greenway Biotech, Inc. Calcium Carbonate be used to make toothpaste?
No, this is not Food Grade and can't be used for Personal Care purposes.
5. Is Greenway Biotech, Inc. Calcium Carbonate as fine as Food Grade powder?
The grade of the Calcium Carbonate has nothing to do with how fine the powder is. This is very fine powder and perfect for DIY Chalk Paint.
6. What is the mesh size of Greenway Biotech Calcium Carbonate?
It is mesh 200.
7. What color is Greenway Biotech Calcium Carbonate?
It is marbled white.
8. My chalk paint did not adhere to my dresser first painted my bed with layers the 2nd coat is removing the 1st layer on the dresser. Any suggestions?
There could be a couple reasons for that. However, the most common reason is probably because you either didn't wait long enough for the first layer to dry or if it was dried you might have overworked during the second coat (painted for too long) and this could cause the first layer to reactivate and start to come off. So you need to make sure your first layer is dry and not to overwork it when applying the second and third layers.
9. I want to use chalk paint on a wall, so I can write on it. Will this work with eggshell latex?
No, you need chalkboard paint for that and chalkboard paint is different from chalk paint. Chalk paint is used to give furniture and surfaces a vintage and antique look.
10. Will Calcium Carbonate (Limestone) damage golf course grass if used to draw a chalk line?
No, Calcium Carbonate (Limestone) is 100% safe to be used to draw lines on grass and it won't harm the grass.
11. Can I use Calcium Carbonate to high the aquarium water carbonate hardness?
Yes, you could use Calcium Carbonate to adjust aquarium water hardness. However, different fish require different levels of harness and hard or very hard water might be harmful to some fish.
12. Is this edible Calcium Carbonate?
No, this is not Food Grade Calcium Carbonate; therefore, we don't recommend using it when edible or Food Grade Calcium Carbonate is required or recommended.
13. Can Greenway Biotech, Inc. Calcium Carbonate be used to supplement a dog's diet?
No, I recommend using either Food or Feed Grade Calcium Carbonate to add to your pet's diet as a supplement.
14. Is Calcium Carbonate powder and paint all I need to make chalk paint, or are there other ingredients? Also how much powder for 1 gallon of paint is needed?
Yes, Calcium Carbonate, Water, and Paint is all you need to make chalk paint. We recommend using 4-8 cups of Calcium Carbonate per gallon paint depending on how smooth you want your chalk paint.
15. Is it normal to get grittiness when you use Calcium Carbonate chalk paint? Because when I use already made chalk paint it is very smooth.
Yes, when you mix and make your own chalk paint it wouldn't be as smooth and we recommend using a fine grit sandpaper and remove the grittiness. Also, please keep in mind that the level of grittiness depends on how much Calcium Carbonate you use. So if you want a smooth paint then we recommend using the lower amount on the recipe we have on the label.
16. Do I have to use paint that includes primer?
No, you don't have to use a paint with primer and you could just use regular latex paint. Any paint that includes primer obviously would cost more and it doesn't make that much difference in the final product.
17. Can Calcium Carbonate be used to deodorize kerosene?
Yes, you could use our Calcium Carbonate to deodorize kerosene and we recommend adding 1 cup of Calcium Carbonate to 1 gallon of kerosene to deodorize it.
18. How much does 1 cup of Calcium Carbonate weigh?
1 cup of Greenway Biotech, Inc. Calcium Carbonate weighs about 0.7 pounds.
19. Is Calcium Carbonate also known as calcite? And can Calcium Carbonate be used in water filter system?
Yes, Calcite is the most stable polymorph of Calcium Carbonate. However, I don't recommend using this Calcium Carbonate in your water filter system since it is not Food Grade and I highly recommend using Food Grade Calcium Carbonate for your water filter system.