5 Best Ways to Improve Magnesium Absorption in Your Body•
Posted on May 13 2022
It's involved in energy production, DNA replication, and regulating muscle and nerve function, among other things.
Many people, however, don't get enough magnesium in their diets to provide these benefits.
What is the Best Way to Increase Magnesium Levels?
The best way to increase magnesium levels is by eating magnesium-rich foods such as:
- Whole grains
Or by taking high quality magnesium supplements such as the ones found in our shop. To reap the full benefit from a supplement, you need to ensure that your body properly absorbs it.
Related Post: What is the Best Way to Take Magnesium?
What Causes Magnesium Deficiency?
Some factors can contribute to low magnesium in the body, including:
Poor Diet: Foods high in oxalates or saturated fat can bind magnesium and make it unavailable for absorption. High sugar intake can also lead to magnesium deficiency because it causes magnesium loss in the urine.
Stress: Physical and emotional stress can lead to magnesium depletion by activating the sympathetic nervous system.
Sleep deprivation, fasting, over-exercising, insulin resistance, high blood sugar, or feeling anxious are all considered stressful to the body, which causes high magnesium burn rate.
Medications: Some medications can cause magnesium loss, including diuretics, antibiotics, proton pump inhibitors (used to treat heartburn), heart medication, asthma medication, and certain diabetes drugs.
Alcoholism: Regular alcoholic intake can lead to magnesium deficiency because alcohol causes magnesium loss in urine.
Carbonated beverages: Carbonated beverages, including seltzer water and soda, can lead to magnesium deficiency because the carbonic acid in these drinks binds magnesium, making it unavailable for absorption.
Symptoms of Magnesium Deficiency
Magnesium deficiency can cause a variety of symptoms, including:
- Muscle cramps
- Numbness and tingling
- High blood pressure
- personality changes
- coronary spasms
- abnormal heart rhythms
Related Post: Here's How to Know You're Magnesium Deficient
Ways to Improve Magnesium Absorption in Your Body
There are things you can do to improve magnesium absorption in your body. These are:
1. Eat magnesium-rich foods: Unless you have a medical condition that hinders proper magnesium absorption, you're better off trying to get magnesium through your diet.
This is the most natural way for your body to take in magnesium. High magnesium-rich foods include dark leafy greens, pumpkin seeds, yogurt, bananas, nuts and seeds, fish, dark chocolate, and avocados.
2. Reduce stress: Stress can lead to magnesium depletion, so it's crucial to find ways to reduce stress in your life. That can include things like yoga, meditation, and spending time in nature.
3. Quit smoking: Smoking has serious health consequences, and one of them is depleting magnesium levels by preventing absorption. Smoking also damages the kidney, which is responsible for magnesium excretion.
4. Reduce alcohol intake: Drinking alcohol can lead to magnesium loss, so it's essential to limit your intake. However, if you drink alcohol, ensure you also eat magnesium-rich foods or take magnesium supplements to offset the magnesium loss.
5. Magnesium supplements: If you're not able to get enough magnesium through diet alone, magnesium supplements can be a good option. It's quick, and easy, and you can be sure you're getting the magnesium your body needs.
Greenway Biotech Magnesium Supplement
Our magnesium products are pharmaceutical grade, which means they're of the highest quality and purity.
Besides, you won't have to break the bank if you opt for our magnesium supplements because you'll get high quality magnesium products at an affordable price.
Don't let magnesium deficiency ruin your health. Order your magnesium supplement today and start feeling the benefits!
What Are the Best E...
Need something to clear your blocked pores? Try essential oils!Read More
How to Naturally He...
Need to heal unsightly scars on your face? Orange essential oil and Bee-tanical Cream can help.Read More
How to Make Chronic...
Want to make your chronic pain symptoms improve? Here's how to do it.Read More