Patchouli (Pogostemon Cablin) Essential Oil
Patchouli Essential Oil is derived from the leaves of the Pogostemon Cablin plant. This bushy member of the Mint Family is native to the tropical regions of Asia.
Now though, due to its wide variety of commercial uses, it is extensively cultivated in the Caribbean, South America and Africa.
The 100% pure organic Patchouli Essential Oil that we sell is exclusively sourced from the plant's native lands in Indonesia.
There it is considered an essential part of their pharmacopeia and a staple of daily life.
Native Indonesians have used it for eons in herbal remedies, as a culinary seasoning and as an insect repellent so effective that it provides protection from pests ranging from mosquitos to termites.
As with most plant-based products, Patchouli Essential Oil has many uses and when used sensibly has been found to have no serious side effects.
A non-exhaustive list of its possible applications would include:
Organic Patchouli Essential Oil Used Topically
- Treating a wide variety of skin conditions including dermatitis, acne and dry cracked skin.
- Treating scalp conditions like dandruff and oily hair.
- Treating nail fungus, athletes' foot, ringworm and other fungal infections.
- Treating wounds infected with Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Staphylococcus aureus, and Streptococcus pneumoniae bacteria.
- Reducing inflammation and swelling in injured joints and muscles.
- Protecting the skin from damaging UV radiation.
- Used as an effective natural insect repellent.
Note: Pure Patchouli Essential Oil should be diluted down to between 1 and 5% with an appropriate carrier like coconut oil before being applied to the skin.
Patchouli Essential Oil Used in Aromatherapy
- Relieving depression
- Easing feelings of stress and anxiety
- Easing the symptoms of the common cold
- Relieving Headaches
- Lowering appetite and easing food cravings
Note: Like all essential oils Patchouli Essential Oil should properly diluted before being used in an essential oil diffuser.
It mixes well with cedarwood, frankincense, jasmine, myrrh, rose and sandalwood.
Organic Patchouli Essential Oil with its variety of uses and can bring many benefits to your life.
Our Patchouli Essential Oil is some of the finest available on the market. It is distilled solely from the leaf of the plant using a process that guarantees its quality and purity.
We package it in glass 15 ml bottles that are heavily tinted a dark brown to minimize deterioration of its strength due to light exposure.
Origin: Sri Lanka
Method of Extraction: Steam Distillation
Source: Leaves and Flowers
- Should be used in dilution and in small amounts, as using the oil directly or in high concentrations can potentially cause skin irritation.