Ammonium Sulfate 21-0-0 FAQ
1. Is Ammonium Sulfate fertilizer good for tomato plants?
We recommend using Greenway Biotech, Inc. Tomato Fertilizer for tomato plants since that was specifically formulated for maximum yield for tomato plants.
However, if you are using dry granular fertilizer then you should apply Ammonium Sulfate at the rate of 1 tablespoon per plant. Make sure not to over apply because Nitrogen fertilizers could kill plants easily.
2. Is Ammonium Sulfate fertilizer good for blueberries?
Yes, the best kind of Nitrogen fertilizer for blueberries is Ammonium and Ammonium Sulfate is one of the best and most affordable sources of Ammonium Nitrogen.
Also, you should avoid using Nitrate Nitrogen on blueberries because they are very sensitive to nitrate ions and they could damage blueberries very easily.
Additionally, because blueberries are very sensitive you need to make sure not to over apply readily available nitrogen fertilizer because it could seriously damage or kill the plants.
3. What is the application rate for Ammonium Sulfate to dissolve in water (foliar application)?
We recommend dissolving 1 to 3 tablespoons per gallon of water. You could either spray the leaves with Ammonium Sulfate solution or just water the plant.
Please make sure not to over apply and to spray it when it's cool outside and not in direct sunlight because that could burn and damage your plants very easily.
4. Will Ammonium Sulfate fertilizer improve onion bulb growth?
Yes, it will. Any nitrogen fertilizer will improve the growth and Ammonium Sulfate contains 21% Nitrogen.
We recommend using 1 tablespoon per 5 gallons of water and applying it weekly.
5. How much area does a 25-pound bag of Ammonium Sulfate cover on Bermuda grass?
We recommend using 5 pounds per 1,000 sq.ft. so a 25-pound bag would cover about 5,000 sq.ft.
6. What does 21-0-0 mean? Does it mean this is very high in nitrogen?
Fertilizers usually have 3 numbers, first one is a percentage of Nitrogen (N), the second one is a percentage of Phosphorous (P) and the third one is Potassium (K).
We also have different kinds of nitrogen such as Ammonia and Nitrate and as it is obvious from the name Ammonium Sulfate contains 21% Ammonical Nitrogen, which is readily available nitrogen for plants.
In addition, Greenway Biotech, Inc. Ammonium Sulfate contains 24% Sulfur (S) which is one of the most important micronutrients.
Please note that 21% Nitrogen is not the highest nitrogen fertilizer (for example, Urea 46-0-0 contains 46% nitrogen) but it is a relatively high nitrogen fertilizer.
7. Can this be used as oxygen scavenger?
No, Ammonium Sulfate is not an oxygen scavenger and you need Ammonium Sulfite for that.
8. What is the application rate of Ammonium Sulfate for lawns?
Apply 5 pounds per 1,000 sq.ft. or 200 pounds per acre (application at the recommended rates will last about 4 to 6 weeks).
9. Is Ammonium Sulfate safe for pets? Can the pets go on my lawn after I used this fertilizer on my lawn?
Yes, Ammonium Sulfate is absolutely safe and it wouldn't harm your pets after application. Please make sure to water your lawn thoroughly after using this product.
10. Do I need to apply this through a tank sprayer or can i utilize my broadcast spreader then water it in?
Ammonium Sulfate is fully water soluble so you could apply it either through a tank sprayer or broadcast spreader.
11. Is Ammonium Sulfate suitable for Zoysia grass?
Yes, Ammonium Sulfate is a great fertilizer to add to your lawn if your grass needs nitrogen. Since Zoysia grass requires less nitrogen compared to other types of grass, we recommend using Ammonium Sulfate instead of Urea for this type of grass.
12. Is Ammonium Sulfate suitable for pomegranate trees?
Yes, if you are looking for a nitrogen fertilizer to add to your pomegranate trees then Ammonium Sulfate is the best choice. In addition, to 21% Nitrogen, Ammonium Sulfate also contains 24% Sulfur, which will help lower your soil pH level to make it more suitable for Pomegranates.
Note: Pomegranates prefer slightly acidic soil (pH = 5.5 to 7).
13. Can I grow crystals using Ammonium Sulfate?
Yes, you can grow crystals with Ammonium Sulfate.
14. Is Ammonium Sulfate a good fertilizer for evergreens?
Depending on the quality of the soil, Ammonium Sulfate could be used on evergreens. Ammonium Sulfate contains 21% nitrogen which makes a good fertilizer for any growing plants including evergreens.
However, due to 24% Sulfur content, Ammonium Sulfate will lower the pH level of the soil as well so you need to make sure your soil pH level doesn't drop too much.