Are Natural Insect Repellents Better for Your Health?•
Posted on September 25 2020
Throughout the 20th century, DDT had a disastrous effect on the health of many people and forms of wildlife.
While it's banned now, many industrial insect repellents and pesticides still have harmful effects even when you use them correctly.
However, our ancestors got by with natural remedies and used plants that warded off insects on their own.
You can follow in their footsteps by using a natural insect repellent made of essential oils like our Buzz Off! insect repellent.
The Benefits of Natural Insect Repellent
There are several benefits to choosing a natural remedy that's artificial chemical-free, and some of them might surprise you.
1. Short, Clear Ingredient List
Industrial, chemical repellents tend to have incomprehensible ingredients that interact in complex ways.
It's impossible to understand how they work unless you're a chemist, whereas chemical-free natural insect repellent consists of a blend of essential oils.
It's easy to understand what each ingredient does and why it belongs in the product. Additionally, you can avoid allergens and irritants much more easily.
2. Reduced Risk of Negative Reactions
Some of the most popular insect repellants such as DEET often create unpleasant reactions on the skin.
Many people have used it and suffered from irritable skin or even a rash because these chemicals are harsh on the skin.
On the other hand, essential oils are often good for the skin.
3. Potential Health Benefits
Common ingredients in chemical-free insect repellent include citronella, lemon, and rosemary.
Not only are these essential oils gentle on the skin, but they have their own benefits.
Rosemary has anti-inflammatory qualities, and many people use it to treat chronic skin conditions.
Citronella has a germicidal, fungicidal effect and lemon is rich in Vitamin C that helps revitalize the skin.
4. Pleasant Aroma
People around the world prize essential oils for their aroma, whereas chemical insect repellent tends to have an off-putting scent.
When you choose a natural insect repellent, you get to smell lovely while keeping pests away.
5. Make Pests Buzz Off
If you're in the market for an excellent natural insect repellent, consider using Buzz Off. We use a carefully curated, chemical-free blend of natural ingredients and essential oils.
Our list of active ingredients is so short, that you can count them by hand:
- We use rosemary because it repels ants, flies, and mosquitoes.
- Lavender does a great job of repelling biting flies, mosquitoes, fleas, and moths. Not to mention that it smells wonderful.
- Buzz Off! incorporates lemon eucalyptus, which serves as a potent anti-mosquito and anti-tick repellent.
- Our blend enhances its anti-mosquito and anti-biting fly properties with citronella, which also deters smaller nuisances such no-see-ums and gnats.
- Ticks hate geranium, which is why it's an ingredient in Buzz Off!
- Lice, bed bugs, ants, and mosquitoes cannot stand tea tree oil.
Give Buzz Off! a try on your next outdoor outing and see how well it works for you. Shop below.