Lemongrass (Cymbopogon Citratus) Essential Oil
Enjoy the fresh, uplifting scent of lemongrass essential oil when you add it to your favorite beauty products or diffuse it in your home. This oil comes from tall grassy plants in Southeast Asia and is named for its lemony, citrus scent. It has a range of properties that make it suitable for skin care, household cleaning and aromatherapy massage.
We use only organic lemongrass essential oil and package it in dark brown glass bottles to preserve the integrity and purity of the oil.
- 15 ml
- Dark brown glass bottle
- 100% organic cymbopogon citratus oil
- Hand bottled in the United States
- Improves the appearance of skin
- Can help reduce dandruff and improve scalp health
- Relieves headache
- Helps settle the stomach and ease digestive discomfort
- Can help improve overall mood and reduce feelings of stress
- Antifungal and antibacterial properties make it good for use as a DIY household cleaner
- Aromatherapy: Lemongrass essential oil's fresh, light scent makes it especially suited for personal aromatherapy, such as with an aromatherapy necklace or putting a drop on the pulse points of the wrist. Those who are sensitive to scents may want to put a drop on a cotton ball and carry it around with them for a more subtle fragrance.
- Essential oil diffuser: To freshen a room or get rid of stale bathroom or kitchen odors, diffuse a few drops of lemongrass oil in water for 30-40 minutes.
- Skin and hair care: If using lemongrass for skin or hair concerns, add a few drops to your favorite beauty products. You can also do a deep scalp treatment of 5-8 drops of lemongrass oil in two tablespoons of carrier oil. Apply to the scalp and let sit for 30 minutes before shampooing hair as normal.
Add 4-5 drops of lemongrass oil to a tablespoon of carrier oil and apply topically to the skin. For use as a massage oil, double or triple the recipe and massage gently into the skin to help relieve discomfort and breathe in the calming scent.
Origin: Sri Lanka
Method of Extraction: Distillation
- Is a skin sensitizer and may cause skin irritation.
- Unlike most other essential oils, which should be diluted to 2.5% before being applied to the skin, lemongrass should be diluted to no more than 0.7%.