How to Grow Strawberries in 6 Simple Steps
Posted on August 13 2019
Strawberries are one of the most underrated "superfoods." They have many health benefits and we talked about some of the most common ones here
. Strawberries are very tasty especially when they're freshly picked!
Luckily, strawberries are relatively easy to grow and don't require too much care.
Follow the 6 simple steps below to have your own homegrown strawberries in no time:
1. Buy organic and non-GMO seeds/plants from your local nursery or online.
4. Plant the seed/plant in deep and far apart. Leave enough room between each seed/plant for the entire roots system. (At least 20 inches apart and 40 inches between rows).
Note: If you are planting strawberry starters, make sure the roots are covered but the crown is at the soil's surface.
5. Water in plants thoroughly. If planting seeds, provide enough water without uncovering the seeds beneath the soil.
- If you are planting strawberry plants make sure the roots are not longer than 8 inches.
- Make sure to plant your seed/plant where it gets between 6-10 hours of sunlight a day.
- Loamy soil is the most suitable for strawberries.
- Planting site must be well-drained. Raised beds are a particularly good option for strawberries.