How to Grow Strawberries in 6 Simple Steps•
Posted on August 13 2019
Strawberries are one of the most underrated "superfoods." They have many health benefits and we talked about some of the most common ones here.
Strawberries are very tasty especially when they're freshly picked!
Luckily, strawberries are relatively easy to grow and don't require too much care.
Follow the 6 simple steps below to have your own homegrown strawberries in no time:
1. Buy organic and non-GMO seeds/plants from your local nursery or online.
2. Set out strawberry seeds/plants as soon as the ground can be worked in the Spring.
The desirable pH level for strawberries is between 5.5 and 7.
Note: You could adjust your soil pH using Greenway Biotech, Inc. Sulfur Powder to lower the pH level or Greenway Biotech, Inc. Dolomite Lime to raise the pH level.
4. Plant the seed/plant in deep and far apart.
Leave enough room between each seed/plant for the entire roots system. (At least 20 inches apart and 40 inches between rows).
Note: If you are planting strawberry starters, make sure the roots are covered but the crown is at the soil's surface.
5. Water in plants thoroughly.
If planting seeds, provide enough water without uncovering the seeds beneath the soil.
6. For the best results make sure to use our specially formulated Greenway Biotech, Inc. Strawberry Fertilizer.
- If you are planting strawberry plants make sure the roots are not longer than 8 inches.
- Make sure to plant your seed/plant where it gets between 6-10 hours of sunlight a day.
- Loamy soil is the most suitable for strawberries.
- Planting site must be well-drained. Raised beds are a particularly good option for strawberries.
- Epsom Salt Formula for Stump Removal
- How to Use Sulfur Powder to Get Rid of Bed Bugs
- How to Make Magnesium Chloride Solution to Consume Orally
How to Grow Beautif...
Want to make rock crystals easily at home? Try using Copper Sulfate!Read More
5 Amazing Epsom Sal...
Looking for Epsom salt bath recipes to help with sleep, eczema, bloating and more? Read this article to find out.Read More
How to Make a Beaut...
Are you looking to add a unique touch to your garden or repurpose your old tires? If so, consider making a tire planter. Follow the instructions here.Read More
Yes, but HOW OFTEN do you fertilize strawberries?