Vegan Avocado Caprese Pasta Salad
Posted on October 04 2016
- 1 16-ounce bag brown rice pasta (or any kind of pasta you want)
- 1 8-ounce pint cherry tomatoes, halved (about 1½ cups)
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or agave nectar (optional)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; place in a large bowl.
- Add tomatoes, basil and avocado. Stir until the ingredients are evenly mixed.
- In a small bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, oil, garlic, lemon juice, maple syrup, salt, and pepper. Pour onto the pasta; stir to combine.SERVE AND ENJOY!