Springs in a Blanket
Posted on November 09 2016
- All-purpose flour, for work surface
- 1 sheet frozen (thawed) puff pastry
- 3 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 c. grated Pecorino cheese
- thinly-sliced prosciutto
- asparagus, trimmed
- Non-stick cooking spray
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out puff pastry into a 10" square. Brush with mustard and sprinkle with pecorino. Line with 2 to 3 large slices of prosciutto.
- With a sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut sheet in half; then cut halves into twenty 1/2"-x-5" strips. Wrap each strip around 1 stalk of asparagus with prosciutto side facing in.
- Place on 1 or 2 large parchment-paper-lined cookie sheets. Lightly spray wrapped asparagus spears with cooking spray. Bake at 425 degrees F until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.