- 1 ½ cups gluten-free flour blend (can sub for oat flour)*
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 large egg*
- ½ cup Greek yogurt (I used Chobani 0%)*
- ½ milk of choice (I used Unsweetened Almond milk)
- ½ cup mild tasting nut butter of choice (I used almond butter)
- ½ cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
Cream cheese filling
- 3 T cream cheese softened*
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp coconut sugar (can sub for brown)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Generously coat 2 standard sizes muffin trays with oil or butter (this recipe makes 15 muffins- if you want giant ones which overflow, you can use a standard 12 count tray).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, coconut sugar and baking powder. In a small mixing bowl, whisk the egg, Greek yogurt, milk, nut butter and canned pumpkin until fully incorporated.
- In a separate small mixing bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, pumpkin pie spice, and coconut sugar and mix until combined. It should look similar to butter. Set aside.
- Add the wet mixture to dry mixture and mix well until no clumps remain. Do not overmix.
- Pour 3 tablespoons of batter into the muffin tray. Add 1 teaspoon of the cream cheese filling as close to the center of each muffin as possible. Top each remaining muffin with around 2 tablespoons of the remaining batter until it is fully used up.
- Bake in the oven for 18-25 minutes (depending on oven type) until the tops are golden. Do not over bake.
- Remove from the oven and allow to sit in the tray for 5 minutes, before removing to a wire rack. Allow to cool completely.