For the chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
For the rice
- 1 cup uncooked rice (white or brown)
- 2¼ cups chicken broth (I used low-sodium)
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large skillet or pan (one that has a lid). Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste, and Italian seasoning. Brown chicken in the butter for 1-2 minutes on each side. (Chicken shouldn't be cooked through at this point) Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Add rice, chicken broth, lemon juice, and remaining Italian seasoning to the pan (no need to clean it first). Place chicken on top, then cover and simmer over medium-low heat for 20-25 minutes until liquid is dissolved.
- Garnish with fresh parsley or cilantro if desired and lemon wedges for squeezing. Serve immediately.