Green Bean Bacon Bundles
Posted on October 18 2016
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 10-12 slices of thick-cut bacon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Wash and thoroughly dry green beans, then season with salt and pepper. Bundle together about 5-8 green beans - this will depend on your size of beans and the amount of beans you get for one pound. Bundle together as many as you'd like! Using a slice of bacon, wrap it around the center of the beans to hold it together. Lay the bundle bacon seam-side down in the baking dish to hold it together. Repeat with remaining beans.
- Heat a small saucepan over low heat. Add butter, brown sugar and garlic and whisk until melted and combined. Using a pastry brush, brush the mixture over top of each green bean bundle. Cover the bundles with foil and bake for 35 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 10-15 minutes more, just until bacon gets crispy.