Creamy Cherry Jello
Posted on October 04 2016
- 2 cups unsweetened 100% black cherry juice, divided
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin, (about 2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 1-2 tablespoons superfine sugar, (see Note)
- 1 6-ounce container (2/3 cup) nonfat cherry or vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup halved or chopped pitted fresh cherries, or thawed and drained frozen cherries
- Place 1/2 cup cherry juice in a medium bowl. Sprinkle gelatin on top and let stand for 1 minute. Bring the remaining 1 1/2 cups cherry juice to a boil in a small saucepan. Add to the gelatin mixture along with sugar to taste and whisk until the gelatin is dissolved. Whisk in yogurt until combined. Divide among 4 small dishes or ramekins. Stir 1/4 cup cherries into each portion. Refrigerate until set, about 4 hours.
Superfine sugar dissolves instantly in liquid. It is commonly available in the baking section of most supermarkets, but if you can’t find it, simply process regular granulated sugar in a food processor or clean coffee grinder until very fine.