4 medium-size bananas (3 large)
4 tablespoons dairy-free mini chocolate chips
- Peel and slice bananas, and place them on a plate in the freezer for at least two hours.
- Take the bananas out of the freezer and let thaw for a few minutes while you get out your mini muffin pan(s) — you'll need 18 wells. Spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Add the bananas to a food processor or high-speed blender and turn on until a thick, creamy ice cream forms. This may take several minutes.
- Set aside one tablespoon of the mini chocolate chips (to be sprinkled on top later) and stir the rest of the chips into the banana ice cream.
- Scoop out the chocolate chip banana mixture into each of the wells. Sprinkle each with a few chocolate chips.
- Freeze for at least an hour.
- Pop each one out carefully with a butter knife. Allow to thaw for a couple minutes and enjoy!
- Store them in a glass or stainless steel container in the freezer.