- 2 (8-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 2 broccoli stems
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups thinly sliced Brussels sprouts (from 12 medium)
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup toasted hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, coarsely grated
- Place chicken and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a small saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Immediately remove from heat, cover, and let stand 15 minutes.
- Drain chicken and run under cold water. Cool completely; set aside. Using 2 forks, shred into bite-size pieces; reserve.
- Meanwhile, use a vegetable peeler to remove outer layer of broccoli stems; discard. Continue peeling stems into long strips.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, lemon juice, and 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Add broccoli strips, Brussels sprouts, celery, hazelnuts, parsley, and reserved chicken to bowl with dressing; toss.
- Divide among 4 shallow bowls. Top with cheese.