- 4 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 large shallot, minced (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 5-ounce container baby spinach (5 to 6 cups)
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 c. oil-packed sundried tomatoes drained and chopped
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 c. Shredded Monterey Jack
- 8 8 flour tortillas
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and ½ the shallot and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add spinach and cook until wilted, 3 minutes. Add artichoke hearts and red pepper flakes and cook 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer mixture to a strainer and push down with a wooden spoon (or paper towels) to remove any extra liquid.
- In a small bowl, stir together sundried tomatoes, remaining 1/2 shallot, parsley, red wine vinegar, and 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread tortillas out on a clean work surface. Spread ¼ of spinach filling on 4 tortillas and cover each with ½ cup cheese. Place remaining tortillas on top of filling. Brush outside of tortillas with remaining olive oil.
- Cook quesadillas in a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat until golden and cheese is melty, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Cut into wedges and serve.