Posted on October 05 2016
- 1 medium yellow tomato, cut into wedges
- 1 medium orange, peeled and quartered
- 1 medium apple, cut into eighths
- 4 large carrots, peeled
- Ice cubes (optional)
- Coarsely chop all ingredients. First, place the soft and/or juice ingredients in the blender and process until liquefied. Then, add the remaining ingredients; blend until liquefied.
- Cut two 24-inch-long pieces of cheesecloth. Completely unfold each piece and then stack the pieces on top of each other. Fold the double stack in half so you have a 4-layer stack of cloth.
- Line a large bowl with the cheesecloth and pour the contents of the blender into the center.
- Gather the edges of the cloth together in one hand and use the other hand to twist and squeeze the bundle to extract all the juice from the pulp. Wear a pair of rubber gloves if you don't want the juice to stain your hands.
- Fill 2 glasses with ice, if desired, and pour the juice into the glasses. Serve immediately.