Baked Broccoli and Chicken Casserole
Posted on October 11 2016
- 2 large eggs
- 1 c. sour cream
- ½ c. mayonnaise
- 1 can condense cream of mushroom soup
- Black pepper
- ¼ sweet onion
- 8 oz. sharp Cheddar
- 3 c. shredded cooked chicken
- 2 c. leftover cooked rice
- 1 package frozen chopped broccoli
- ½ c. potato chips
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Butter a shallow 2-quart or 9- by 13-inch broiler-proof baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, sour cream, mayonnaise, soup, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; stir in the onion and all but 1/4 cup cheese. Fold in the chicken, rice, and then the broccoli.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared dish, cover with nonstick foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and heat the broiler.
- In a small bowl, combine the potato chips and the remaining cheese. Sprinkle over the casserole and broil until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes.